Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Snowy Couple!

It's me again LOL!
I have 2 posts today as it's my High Hopes day to post plus it's the New December Challenge over on the One Crazy Stamper Blog. Click HERE to see my OCS Challenge post. My card today is very bright, cheerful and showcases the High Hopes Stamps called "Snowy Couple"and "Think Snow"!
I love the Doodlebug Sugar Plums collection! The colours are so bright and cheery and the patterns so much fun! I decided to paper piece the snow couples outfits for a fun change from colouring with markers. I found a new to me product called Liquid Appliqué. It's amazing!! You put it on like a marker and then heat up with your heat tool and voila it puffs up. I used it on the snow below the couple and to make it look like snow in the sky. I also sprinkled glitter on top of the wet product before heating to add some sparkle. The little gumdrop and candy stickers are from the same Doodlebug collection and tie in nicely to complete my card.
The inside sentiment is also from High Hopes Stamps and is titled "Work of Art". Used the MFT Stitched Rectangles for my sentiment and base layer. The bottom border is from Pretty Pink Posh and is from the Stitched Borders 1 set.
Copics Used:
Snow couple: B000, YR04, R11
Hat: T3, T5, T7
Black Gel pen
White Gel Pen
White Liquid Applique

Today also starts the new December Challenge over on the High Hopes Blog. This month the theme is Christmas / Winter. You must use a High Hopes Stamp to enter the Challenge but if you don't have one please feel free to use out free digi. 

We want EVERYONE to PLAY so here is how you can participate if you don't have a blog! You can upload your cards to either Splitcoast Stampers or the High Hopes Facebook Page then use the link to your card in the gallery in the linky below. Just make sure to add the DIRECT link to your cards.

I'm so glad you stopped by today!
Happy Stamping!
Cheri

Supplies:

2 comments:

Donna Rudy said...

Oh my gosh - LOVE the bright papers and paper piecing Cheri! The layout is awesome - loving the double bow - I will need a lesson on those ;) And now Liquid Applique to add to my list of must try's! Awesome card!!!!!!!

Karen Day said...

Cheri, this is beyond adorable! And talk about fussy cutting - oh, my! Fabulous paper choices :o)