Thursday, June 21, 2018

Patriotic Challenge!

Hi Ai Fans!
It's the first week of the Ai Challenge called "Patriotic Colours". I'm from Canada, so I made my card to Celebrate Canada's upcoming 151st Birthday on July 1, 2018!
In Canada we have a long weekend to celebrate the Country's Birthday with lots of family themed fun and fireworks! I thought the Art Impressions stamp set called "One To Brag" would work perfect for my card!
I started by gathering up all the items I thought I would need to create this "Herringbone" Strip Card.
I decided my card base would be 4.25"x 5.5". I cut a piece of white cardstock at 4 x 5.25", this is what I will add my strips to. I cut a bunch of strips at 1/2" x 6" from some Canada themed papers.
Start by adding 3 strips to the card base. I used a tape runner to easily add my strips with.
Then all you have to do is decide what pattern you want to add your strips. I just butted each strip up against the previous one, working along in my chosen pattern.
Before I moved onto my next pattern choice I trimmed the edges to make it easy to use.
Here you can see how your strips will be going off the edge before you trim them.
I cut and scored my white card base and added a layering piece of red cardstock cut at 4 1/8 x 5 3/8"
Here you can see the finished Herringbone Card Base.
Now onto stamping and colouring my image. 
After I coloured my image with my Copic markers, I fussy cut out my image using my Brother Cut N Scan.
I'm using the sentiment called "King Of Cool" but I only wanted to use the "Happy Birthday" part of the stamp. I used some Washi Tape to mask off the remainder of the sentiment before inking. Don't forget to remove the tape before you actually stamp or you'll get a mess. (I did that a few times LOL)
I added some foam tape to both my image and sentiment for some added dimension! This Herringbone technique is really simple to do and actually quite fun! It's a great way to use up your scraps!
Copics Used:
Skin: E00, E11, E21, R20
Hair: E15, E17, E19
Reds: R22, R24, R27, R29
Greys: C0, C1
Spectrum Noir Glitter pen added to the cake

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!


Supplies:

1 comment:

Donna Rudy said...

This is a perfect patriotic card!!! Love the background you created and your easy to follow tutorial! You rocked this!!!!!!!!