Sunday, May 10, 2020

Coffee, Coffee and More Coffee!

Happy Sunday!
For todays card, I dug out my Simon Says Stamp "Mod Flower Background" 6x6 stamp. I decided to use it in two ways today. I started by stamping the image onto a heart shaped cut out and embossed it with white embossing powder.
On one of the heats I did an ink Blended background using Distress Oxide Inks in Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry. On the second heart I used my Tombow markers (725, 606, 126, 58, 75) and a water brush to colour in the embossed images. Two totally different looks using the same image!
Next I got out this adorable dinosaur from Gerda Steiner Designs called "Coffeesaurus" and went about colouring him to match my backgrounds.
Both of these cards have polka dot paper from my stash. The sentiments come in the "Coffeesaurus" set and are so cute! I added some black marker around the sentiments to make them stand out a bit.
To add some texture to the dinosaurs, after i had finished colouring them I took a Copic 0 marker and added little dots. The Copic solution washes out the colour and sort of makes it look like dinosaur skin. I added a few white gel pen dots to the purple guy.
Copics Used:
Purple Dino: V04, V05, V06, W3, C1
Green Dino: YG17, YG23, YG25, W3, C1
Coffee Cups: C1, E31, BG05 or RV06

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Donna Rudy said...

Stunning backgrounds - love the ink blending and the bright colours! These dinos are tooooo CUTE! and they have coffee so what's not to love! LOL!!! Love the texture on these cuties and I have to say RAWR! Amazing makes my uber talented friend! <3