Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day Weekend!
This is the card I made this year for my Dad. He used to have an blue Ford Pickup that he drove until it died! We had some fun in that old truck as kids! My parents even threw a mattress in the back and camped their way around the East Coast of  Canada.
This is one of the first wooden stamps I bought when I just starting into card making. I have no idea who makes it or the stamp name. There is absolutely nothing on the stamp to tell me. I stamped the truck onto some Copic friendly paper and then coloured it with my Copic Sketch Markers. Next using my Brother Cut N Scan, I cut it out and also cut 2 background layers to mount it onto. I had fun making the background!!! I dug out my Alcohol Inks in Sailboat Blue and a Pearl Mixative. Using a 6x6 background stamp from SSS called " and some embossing ink, I stamped the background onto Yupo Paper. I used my heat gun to melt the powders. Now comes the fun part.... Using Alcohol Blending Solution and the sailboat drops along with a blending tool I created the fun background. I added a few drops of the Pearl Mixative to give a shiny look in spots. After gluing all the layers together, I popped the truck and sentiment up with some foam squares for dimension.
The sentiments are from an old set I had by Amy R called "All About Dad"which is now retired.
Copics Used:
B34, B37, b39
C00, C1, C2, C5, C7
N2, N3, N5

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! Hope you have one that is as awesome as mine!
Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Donna Rudy said...

Love this stamp and your colouring! And that background OMGosh it is stunning! Love the memories this brings up for you! I am sure your Dad loved this!! You are soooo talented!!!! <3