Wednesday, August 26, 2020

G'Day Mate!

Howdy!
Today I am sharing a slimline card I made using the adorable set of "Koala" images from Kinda Cute by Patricia Alveraz. I hope to someday get to Australia to see these cuties in person!
I downloaded, sized and printed my Koala's onto Copic Friendly Paper. Then using my Copic markers I coloured them in. Taking some Copic solution and a rag, I dabbed at the images to create a fun fur texture. I cut a piece of watercolor paper and using the SSS Delicate Flowers stamp set, embossed some leaves onto my paper. Next using Distress Oxide Ink in Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover, I blended them over the embossed leaves to create a background paper. Then using Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn and a watercolor brush, I added the deeper colour to each leave to make them stand out a bit more. I cut out circles and some lacey circles for the Koala's to sit in. The leaf background is popped up with foam tape and the cut out circles are inlaid.
Here's the inside of my card. The sentiments I used today are from the SSS "Koalaty Friend" stamp set. They matched with the Kinda Cute Koala's perfectly.
Copics Used:
E43, E44, E47
R02, R20


Head on over to the Kinda Cute By Patricia Alvarez Face Book group for more inspiration. Or check out the etsy shop!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!



2 comments:

Donna Rudy said...

These are too cute!!!! Love how you added some texture to their fur and the background paper you created is stunning!!! Gonna have to try this ;) Love the slim line design......I just love this card!!!! You're so talented!!!! <3

Karen Day said...

Just an amazing card design - and these little guys are so perfect for a slimline card!