Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Gingerbread Dreams!

Hi!
I haven't made a "stair step" card in forever and decided that this would be perfect to pair with the High Hopes Stamp "Gingerbread Friends" and "Gingerbread House" images. This brings back memories of my Mom making Gingerbread Houses every year with my girls. I have to admit that ours never looked this pretty, more "goopy" and loaded with anything and everything LOL. But they sure had fun doing them.
To start, I stamped and coloured all my images to match the papers in the Doodlebug "Christmas magic" 6x6 collection. Next using my Brother Cut N Scan machine I cut out the images. Then I pulled out my Cameo and a svg file and created the Side Stair Step card base. I enlarged the file to fit the larger Gingerbread Friend image. I added a fence die cut in front of the Gingerbread House to create a little scene. The lollipops have some Clear Glitter Pen added to them and of course I had to add some Crystal Stickles to "icing" parts on both images.
Here's a side view where you can see the "stair steps" better. I thought the High Hopes "Gingerbread Dreams"sentiment went perfectly with my card theme!
I stamped an extra house and coloured in just the lollipops and little gumdrops, fussy cut them out with scissors and added on the first "step" to help create a more dimensional look.
Copics Used:
Gingerbread: E33, E35, E37
Reds: R24, R27, R29
Greens: G28, YG17, YG23, YG25
Yellows: Y21, Y23, Y26
Pinks: RV02, RV04, RV06, RV09
Blue Greens: BG13, BG18, BG34

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to head on over to the High Hopes website and see all Lora's adorable stamps! You can find more inspiration from the Design Team by visiting our Blog and Facebook page too!
Happy Stamping!

 

1 comment:

Donna Rudy said...

I LOVE this card!!! Love the bright colours, the stair step base and of course the perfect touches of bling! It was sooo much fun to watch this come together in person!!!!! Love this card and your gorgeous colouring my uber talented friend! <3