Thursday, October 22, 2020

Birthday Hat

Hi!
It's Thursday, so that means it's the start of a New Challenge over on the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog! The theme this week is "Any Occassion" and I decided to do a birthday card. I can never have enough Birthday cards in my stash so when I design one, I usually make 2 at the same time. I decided to use one of my favourite Art Impressions sets called "Birthday Hat". Everyone always gets a kick out of this Gal!
I stamped my images onto some Copic Friendly paper and coloured them with my Copic Sketch Markers. I used my Brother Cut N Scan to electronically cut them out leaving a white border around the edges. I decided to use papers from the Doodlebug "Hey Cupcake" 6x6 collection. For a fun change, I paper pieced the dresses. I added the image to the card base with some foam squares for added dimension. I didn't realize it when I made this card but unfortunately this stamp set is now retired.
I used the sentiment from the "Birthday Hat" set but I cut it in half so I could place it this way on the card.
Copics Used:
Skin: E00, E21, E11, R20, RV55
Hair & Shoes: C6, C8
Hat Bow: RV09, RV17, RV19/ BG53, BG57, BG09
Cake: E53, E55, E57, E59
Candles: YG23, YG25/ RV17, RV19/ BG53, BG57/Y38

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head on over to the Krafty Chicks Blog and play along in this weeks All Occasions Challenge!
Happy Stamping!
Cheri
 

3 comments:

Donna Rudy said...

OMGosh she makes me giggle! Love your colouring and perfect paper piecing! These are sure to make someone smile on their Birthday and are perfect for the challenge. Love these my uber talented friend! <3

Leanne said...

Sure is an awesome stamp and the colors the layout, makes me smile too. Thanks for being on our challenge for the month, I like seeing your cards. Awesome! Hugs, L

Lori Turner said...

LOL...these are AWESOME, Cheri!!!